Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
'If Trump Wasn't Running,
I'm Not Sure I'd Be Running'
Dec 6, 2023 12:00 AM CST
'If Trump Wasn't Running, I'm Not Sure I'd Be Running'
President Biden speaks out against Trump at Boston campaign events
- President Biden offered up an attention-grabbing line at a campaign event in Boston on Tuesday night: "If Trump wasn't running, I'm not sure I'd be running," Biden said. ( ABC News notes that earlier this year, Biden said the opposite, telling ABC he thought he'...
Biden's Birthday Keeps
His Age in the Spotlight
Nov 20, 2023 9:35 AM CST
Biden's Birthday Keeps His Age in the Spotlight
President turns 81 on Monday, with conversation continuing on whether he's too old to run
- It's set to be a busy day at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. on Monday, with a trio of noteworthy events taking place: the annual pre-Thanksgiving pardoning of turkeys, the delivery of the White House's Christmas tree, and the 81st birthday of President Biden, already the oldest president in America'...
Good News for Biden
in Classified Docs Probe
Nov 17, 2023 9:53 AM CST
Good News for Biden in Classified Docs Probe
President not expected to face charges, though he may get a tongue-lashing
- President Biden will face "harsh criticism" but no criminal charges over his handling of classified documents, according to a
Wall Street Journal
report. It meshes with CNN 's reporting that, following a year-long investigation, special counsel Robert Hur will issue a report "expected to be critical of...
Biden May Need
Nov 6, 2023 11:25 AM CST
Biden May Need a Trump Conviction to Triumph
A year out, the polls are not looking favorable for the president
- Polls continue to deliver bad news to President Biden, most notably one from the
New York Times
showing predecessor Donald Trump ahead in five battleground states . A look at related coverage:
Risk for Trump:
Yes, the takeaway numbers are bad for Biden, given that Trump is doing so well despite
Cheeky Ad Helps World
Separate Sweden, Switzerland
Oct 29, 2023 6:33 AM CDT
Cheeky Ad Helps World Separate Sweden, Switzerland
No, they are not the same, as Visit Sweden so artfully explains
- President Biden made headlines when he mixed up Sweden and Switzerland last year. But he's not the only one. Apparently the countries' "vaguely similar names and flags with crosses on them" have created quite the confusion, per Politico . In the last year, 85,000 US Google searches asked,...
in Oval Office Speech
Oct 20, 2023 12:00 AM CDT
Biden References Two-State Solution in Oval Office Speech
President also references World War II in speech calling for $105B in aid
- In his Thursday night speech calling for $105 billion to fund aid related to the Israel-Hamas war, the Russia-Ukraine war, and other global conflicts, President Biden mentioned the long-discussed two-state solution to the conflict between Israel and Palestinians. "As hard as it is, we cannot give up on peace....
Biden Sits for Interview in
Special Counsel Investigation
Oct 9, 2023 9:09 PM CDT
Biden Sits for Interview in Special Counsel Investigation
Voluntary interview took place over 2 days at the White House
- Almost nine months after a special counsel was appointed by Attorney General Merrick Garland to investigate President Biden's handling of classified documents from his time as vice president, Biden has been interviewed in the investigation. The interview took place Sunday and Monday at the White House and a source...
Gets in Even
More Hot Water
Oct 5, 2023 1:30 AM CDT
First Dog, Commander, Gets in Even More Hot Water
Sources allege more biting incidents have taken place, and he's currently not at White House
- The White House recently acknowledged that "first dog" Commander bit 11 Secret Service officers since October of last year, but sources tell CNN the German shepherd has actually bit many more people than that, including executive residence staff and other White House employees. At least one bite required hospital...
Sep 29, 2023 12:00 AM CDT
House Republicans Launch Formal Impeachment Hearing
6-hour hearing expected to be the first of many
- House Republicans launched a formal impeachment hearing Thursday against President Joe Biden, promising to "provide accountability" as they probe the family finances and lucrative business dealings of his son Hunter and make their case to the public, colleagues, and a skeptical Senate, the AP reports. The chairmen of the...
Jimmy Carter, at Nearly 99,
Is 'Coming to the End'
Sep 15, 2023 2:24 AM CDT
Jimmy Carter, at Nearly 99, Is 'Coming to the End'
But, grandson says, he and wife Rosalynn are still happy, in love
- Jimmy Carter's 99th birthday is coming up on October 1, and while his physical challenges are "really significant," the former president watches baseball and spends time with his family nearly every day, says his grandson Jason Carter. The younger Carter, chairman of the Carter Center's Board...
6 Takes on the Biden
Sep 13, 2023 2:11 PM CDT
6 Takes on the Biden Impeachment Inquiry
Opinions range from 'it's a no brainer' to 'nothing ... justifies the drastic step'
- The US faces a third possible impeachment of a president in less than four years. GOP House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said the impeachment inquiry into President Biden, launched Tuesday , comes in response to "allegations of abuse of power, obstruction and corruption." Some onlookers agree with the reasoning, claiming...
First Lady Jill Biden
Has COVID Again
Sep 5, 2023 12:30 AM CDT
First Lady Jill Biden Has COVID Again
President has so far tested negative
- Jill Biden tested positive for COVID-19 Monday, her spokesperson said, but the first lady currently has just mild symptoms. President Joe Biden tested negative after his wife's test came back positive, but the White House press secretary said he would be monitored for symptoms and would continue to be...
Talks, Both Sides
Aug 1, 2023 1:26 AM CDT
Hunter Biden's Former Partner Talks, Both Sides Claim Victory
Devon Archer says Hunter Biden often put his father on speakerphone
- Hunter Biden's former business partner insisted in testimony to Congress on Monday that President Biden was never directly involved in their financial dealings, though Hunter would often put his famous father on speakerphone to impress clients and business associates, the AP reports. The Republican-led House Oversight Committee conducted a...
Biden: Yes, I Have
a 7th Grandchild
Jul 29, 2023 7:45 AM CDT
Biden: Yes, I Have a 7th Grandchild
President acknowledges Navy Joan Roberts, 4, the daughter of Hunter Biden and Lunden Roberts
- President Biden doesn't shy away from boasting about his family. "I have six grandchildren. And I'm crazy about them. And I speak to them every single day," he said at a Take Your Child to Work Day event in April. Now, we may start to hear...
Not Ready to
Jul 10, 2023 12:56 AM CDT
Biden: Ukraine Not Ready to Join NATO
President says Russia's war against the country must end first
- President Biden shut down the idea of Ukraine joining NATO during a sit-down with CNN that aired Sunday, saying the war with Russia must first end. "I don't think there is unanimity in NATO about whether or not to bring Ukraine into the NATO family now, at this...
Feds: Twitter Hacker Left
'Impressive Trail of Destruction'
May 10, 2023 7:44 AM CDT
Feds: Twitter Hacker Left 'Impressive Trail of Destruction'
UK man pleads guilty to scheme that targeted accounts of 130-plus names, including Musk, Biden
- A UK man arrested in Spain two summers ago and accused of hacking into the Twitter accounts of some big names—including the current owner of the platform himself—has pleaded guilty to the plot, which also involved the theft of a hefty amount of crypto. On Tuesday, the US...
Speaker McCarthy: Debt Deal
Needed Soon to Avoid Default
May 9, 2023 8:07 PM CDT
Speaker McCarthy: Debt Deal Needed Soon to Avoid Default
But he didn't see 'new movement' in talks with Biden
- President Biden and congressional leaders confronted each other on the debt limit impasse Tuesday, ending their meeting with no breakthrough but agreeing to meet again this week to try to avert the looming risk of an unprecedented government default. Speaking at the White House, Biden described the talks as "...
Hitler Admirer Receives
4 Years in Capitol Attack
May 8, 2023 6:25 PM CDT
Hitler Admirer Receives 4 Years in Capitol Attack
Hatchet Speed said Jewish people control President Biden
- A former Navy reservist who told an undercover FBI agent about his admiration for Adolf Hitler and discussed a plan to "wipe out" the nation's Jewish population was sentenced on Monday to four years in prison for storming the US Capitol. US District Judge Trevor McFadden ordered Virginia...
Out of South Carolina, an
'Early Warning Sign' for Biden
May 8, 2023 10:20 AM CDT
Out of South Carolina, an 'Early Warning Sign' for Biden
President doesn't seem to have same level of enthusiasm within Black community as in 2020
- LaJoia Broughton, a 41-year-old small-business owner, considers herself a fan of President Biden. He's provided opportunities for Black-owned business while bringing integrity to the White House, she said, and her decision for 2024 isn't in doubt. Destiny Humphreys is less enthusiastic. The 22-year-old senior at South Carolina State...
of the Union
Feb 8, 2023 6:38 AM CST
Here's What People Are Saying After Biden's State of the Union
Takeaways from both sides of the aisle
- One big theme in coverage of President Biden's Tuesday night State of the Union address? The POTUS was scrappy and seemed to relish it. As Politico's headline briefly put it, "Biden pokes the elephant." Some quick takes and reactions:
CNN offers a few takeaways from the
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Husband, Mom of Woman Killed on Wedding Night in Ugly Legal Fight
Judge Sentences Woman to Work in Fast Food Restaurant
Gunman Kills 3 at UNLV, Critically Wounds Another
Congress' $7.5B for EV Chargers Has Yielded Zero Chargers
Kevin McCarthy to Exit the House at Month's End
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.