Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Biden a Call
Nov 8, 2020 4:00 PM CST
Bush Gives Biden a Call —as Other Republicans Speak Up
George W. Bush calls Joe Biden 'a good man' who 'won his opportunity'
- George W Bush—the only former GOP president still alive—called Joe Biden on Sunday and congratulated him on his presidential victory, CNN reports. He said President Trump has every right to seek recounts and legal battles, but described the 2020 election as "fundamentally fair" with a "clear"...
Jun 25, 2020 10:55 AM CDT
Another Big Republican Won't Vote for Trump
Carly Fiorina is OK voting for Biden instead
- Carly Fiorina voted for Donald Trump in 2016 after running against him in the GOP primary, but he won't be getting her vote in 2020. "I've been very clear that I can't support Donald Trump," she tells the
She was then asked if that...
Won't Vote for Trump
Jun 7, 2020 9:10 AM CDT
GOP Elite Won't Vote for Trump
Former President Bush, many elite GOP names are backing away from the incumbent
- President Trump may or may not get his big Republican National Convention in August, but it's sounding like some top Republican names won't be there. As the
New York Times
reports, citing "people familiar with their thinking," former President George W Bush won't be voting...
Trump on Barbara Bush:
'Look What I Did to Her Sons'
Apr 5, 2019 6:47 AM CDT
Trump on Barbara Bush: 'Look What I Did to Her Sons'
He fires back at remarks in her biography
- President Trump has fired back at Barbara Bush's criticism of him in a new biography, saying he knows why she didn't like him. "I have heard that she was nasty to me, but she should be. Look what I did to her sons," he tells the...
Mar 15, 2019 12:00 PM CDT
Jeb Bush: We Need 2020 GOP Challenger
Former candidate thinks president should face a Republican rival in primary
- President Trump should have to overcome both Democratic
Republican opponents if he wants to retake the presidency, according to Jeb Bush. In a CNN interview to air Saturday, the former Florida governor who faced Trump in the 2016 primary calls for a competitive round two in 2020 among Republicans....
Trump Is Skipping
Barbara Bush's Funeral
Apr 20, 2018 1:28 AM CDT
Trump Is Skipping Barbara Bush's Funeral
Melania will represent White House
- President Trump won't be joining his wife in attending the memorial service of former first lady Barbara Bush, matriarch of a political dynasty that Trump often clashed with during his 2016 campaign. The White House said Thursday that Trump would not attend "to avoid disruptions due to added...
Trump's Kids Reveal Love
for Dad After Jeb Bush Dig
Mar 29, 2018 7:22 AM CDT
Trump's Kids Reveal Love for Dad After Jeb Bush Dig
DJT Jr., Eric Trump push back after Bush seemed to question their affection
- Jeb Bush spoke at Yale about conservatism Tuesday, and part of his speech included a longing to return to more civil dialogue. But that wasn't before he got a barb, maybe two, of his own in. The
Yale Daily News
reports the former GOP presidential candidate—often skewered during...
Jeb Bush Drops
Bid to Buy
May 30, 2017 5:10 PM CDT
Jeb Bush Drops Bid to Buy Miami Marlins: Report
Derek Jeter has joined a different potential ownership group
- Jeb Bush has dropped out of the race for the Miami Marlins, the AP reports. The ex-presidential candidate and former Florida governor is no longer interested in buying the Marlins and has ended his pursuit of the team, two people close to the negotiations said Tuesday. One of the people...
Jeb Bush, Derek Jeter Buying
Baseball Team: Report
Apr 25, 2017 5:35 PM CDT
Jeb Bush, Derek Jeter Buying Baseball Team: Report
Their group has reportedly won auction for Miami Marlins with $1.3B bid
- If multiple reports are to be believed, Jeb Bush will finally be following in his brother's footsteps—as the owner of a professional baseball team. The presidential also-ran is said to be part of a group—along with former New York Yankee Derek Jeter—that will be purchasing the...
Like to Be
Jun 15, 2016 3:40 PM CDT
What It's Like to Be Beaten by Donald Trump
The heads of 3 vanquished GOP presidential campaigns look back
- The Huffington Post sat down for a 90-minute conversation with the heads of three vanquished Republican presidential campaigns to find out "what it's like to lose to Donald Trump." Forty or so days after Trump became the presumptive nominee, the representatives of the Bush, Cruz, and Rubio...
Mar 23, 2016 7:15 AM CDT
Jeb Bush: Reject Trump, Vote Cruz
He's 'demonstrated the ability to appeal to voters,' says Bush
- Jeb Bush endorsed Ted Cruz on Wednesday in what Politico calls "a massive boost for Cruz with the establishment wing of the GOP." But like other Republicans who've shown support for the Texas senator, Bush seems less than thrilled. Cruz presents "the only way Republicans can...
What Jeb Bush
Spent $130M On
Feb 23, 2016 10:29 AM CST
What Jeb Bush Spent $130M On
$50K on Vegas hotels, $5K on pizza
- Some $130 million later, Jeb Bush is out of the running for president, but at least he had fun. He should have, anyway, according to campaign finances cited by the
New York Times
. In between dinners at the Yale Club and Nantucket's Westmoor Club, Bush and his aides stayed...
Don't Blame Trump
Feb 22, 2016 2:44 PM CST
Bush's Downfall: Don't Blame Trump
Pundits weigh in on Jeb's doomed campaign
- The post-mortems on Jeb Bush's failed campaign are rolling in. Some examples:
Don't blame Donald Trump. "What killed Jeb Bush’s campaign was first the failure of his brother’s administration, and then the emergence of Marco Rubio to present a more attractive face for its continuation,
Feb 20, 2016 2:05 PM CST
Report: Jeb Bush's Staff Already Looking for New Gigs
'They can read the polls'
- Many staffers with the Jeb Bush campaign are already starting the job hunt ahead of Saturday's South Carolina primary, apparently pessimistic about Bush's ability to stay in the race, Politico reports. According to the
, Bush's final campaign event in South Carolina "felt bittersweet."...
Feb 19, 2016 3:06 PM CST
What's at Stake in Saturday's Races
Clinton needs to win big, while Bush may have come to the end of the road
- Saturday is a big day for the presidential hopefuls from both parties, with Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders facing off in the Nevada Democratic caucuses and Donald Trump taking on all challengers in the South Carolina Republican primary. How both of those events play out could have major impacts on...
Trump: Pope Has 'Awfully
Big Wall at the Vatican'
Feb 19, 2016 4:21 AM CST
Trump: Pope Has 'Awfully Big Wall at the Vatican'
But he softens his stance in general at town hall
- Donald Trump is softening his rhetoric on Pope Francis after blasting the leader of the Catholic Church for suggesting the billionaire businessman's plan to build a wall along the US-Mexico border made him "not Christian." Trump said during a town hall event on CNN that he now...
Internet Rips Jeb Bush
Over 'America' Gun Tweet
Feb 16, 2016 6:39 PM CST
Internet Rips Jeb Bush Over 'America' Gun Tweet
'This gun is already polling better than Jeb! in South Carolina'
- On Tuesday, Jeb Bush tweeted a photo of a gun with his name engraved on it and the caption "America." No other explanation was given. As the Hill puts it: "The social media response was swift." Twitter users photoshopped new messages onto the gun or replaced...
Without Speaking His Name,
George W. Goes After Trump
Feb 16, 2016 6:21 AM CST
Without Speaking His Name, George W. Goes After Trump
Trump doubles down on attack on Bush brothers
- George W. Bush didn't say Donald Trump's name when he appeared at a Jeb rally in South Carolina Monday night, but everybody knew who he was talking about with references to "bluster" and "theatrics" during his 20-minute speech. "Americans are angry and frustrated, but we...
George W. Is Going to
Appear at Jeb Rallies
Feb 13, 2016 7:07 AM CST
George W. Is Going to Appear at Jeb Rallies
He's been 'taken aback' by Trump campaign
- Jeb Bush, mocked by Donald Trump for having his "mommy" fight his battles, is going to bring his big brother into the mix on Monday. Friends of George W. Bush tell the
that the former president is fascinated but troubled by this year's White House race...
Trump Calls Out
Bush for Having
Fight His Battles
Feb 6, 2016 12:58 PM CST
Trump Calls Out Bush for Having His 'Mommy' Fight His Battles
Barbara Bush says she's 'sick' of Trump
- It appears we're one step away from seeing an outbreak of "yo mama" jokes in the GOP presidential race. "Wow, Jeb Bush, whose campaign is a total disaster, had to bring in mommy to take a slap at me," Donald Trump tweeted Saturday. "Not nice!...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Secret Recording of Pope Is Played in Court
Trump Says He Didn't Know White Nationalist He Dined With
Frontier Airlines Has Ditched Telephone Customer Service
He Mountain Biked an Iconic 27-Mile Trail—Uphill
They Worked on an Execution, and Suffered for It
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.