Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 41 - 60 |
a Deal on
Apr 5, 2019 5:02 PM CDT
Filings Show Cosby Has a Deal on Accusers' Lawsuits
Posts say insurance company settled with women
- Bill Cosby has agreed to settle defamation lawsuits filed by seven women after he accused them of lying about sexual misconduct allegations, the
reports. Terms of the settlement, which would require the approval of the judge handling the case, are confidential. The actor and comedian, 81, is in prison...
Bill Cosby Speaks From
Prison for the First Time
Feb 13, 2019 12:47 PM CST
Bill Cosby Speaks From Prison for the First Time
Says he's a 'political prisoner'
- Bill Cosby's name grabbed headlines Tuesday after rep Andrew Wyatt said in an interview with NBC 10 that the 81-year-old told him he was having an "amazing" prison experience . More headlines came on Wednesday, this time thanks to words that came straight from Cosby. NBC News reports it...
in a Word? 'Amazing'
Feb 12, 2019 1:07 PM CST
Bill Cosby's Prison Experience in a Word? 'Amazing'
That's what a rep quotes the comedian as saying
- What adjective do you think Bill Cosby uses to describe his prison experience? If you picked "amazing," you'd apparently be correct. In an interview with NBC10 , Cosby rep Andrew Wyatt was explicit: "Yeah, he used the term amazing experience." And Wyatt had some updates on...
Cosby in Prison Yard
Jan 29, 2019 2:20 PM CST
Drone Targets Cosby in Prison Yard
His rep thinks it was a media drone attempting to take photos
- A drone targeted Bill Cosby as he was in the yard of SCI Phoenix prison in Collegeville, Pa., last week, the actor's spokesperson tells
. The rep says a drone was spotted flying overhead; he says he assumes it was a media drone with a camera, attempting to...
Dec 12, 2018 8:03 AM CST
Cosby Goes After Judge in Appeals Filing
Lawyers for disgraced comedian outline nearly a dozen issues with his trial
- Bill Cosby's attorneys have been hard at work trying to overturn his sexual assault conviction, and their latest move in the appeals process spells out why they think their client should be freed—as well as temporarily freed while he's waiting on more permanent liberation. Per the AP...
'Baby, It's Cold Outside':
Dec 8, 2018 7:00 AM CST
Cosby 'Ruined' 'Baby, It's Cold Outside': Songwriter's Daughter
Susan Loesser says father Frank Loesser would've been 'furious' at the hubbub over his song
- A new person is weighing in on the controversy over a Christmas classic : the daughter of the man who wrote the song. Susan Loesser, 74, tells NBC News that songwriter Frank Loesser would've been "furious" at his tune being pulled from the radio, noting that it was a...
More Bad News for Bill Cosby
Oct 24, 2018 6:55 AM CDT
More Bad News for Bill Cosby
Judge rejects his bid for a new trial, sentencing
- A judge on Tuesday rejected Bill Cosby's bid for a new trial or sentencing hearing, leading the comedian's wife, Camille, to again accuse the judge of bias against her husband. The ruling by the same judge that presided over Cosby's trial also led the entertainer's lawyers...
Here's Where Bill Cosby
Will Serve His Sentence
Sep 26, 2018 9:30 AM CDT
Here's Where Bill Cosby Will Serve His Sentence
SCI Phoenix opened in June
- Inmate NN7687, otherwise known as Bill Cosby, spent his first night behind bars at Pennsylvania's State Correctional Institute at Phoenix on Tuesday. CNN takes a look at the maximum security prison, which opened in June in suburban Philadelphia some 20 miles from Cosby's home and has 3,830...
Publicist Says Cosby Had
'Most Racist Trial' in History
Sep 26, 2018 3:23 AM CDT
Publicist Says Cosby Had 'Most Racist Trial' in History
He says his client is the victim of a 'sex war'
- Bill Cosby was labeled a "violent sexual predator" by the judge who sentenced him to three to 10 years in prison on Tuesday, but his publicist had a different description: one of the "greatest civil rights leaders" in history and one of the "greatest educators of men...
Here's Bill Cosby's Mug Shot
Sep 25, 2018 6:01 PM CDT
Here's Bill Cosby's Mug Shot
And more on the 81-year-old's sentencing
- "Mr. Cosby, this all circles back to you. The day has come. The time has come." So said Judge Steven O’Neill in sentencing Bill Cosby to three to 10 years in state prison on Tuesday in connection with the 2004 sexual assault of Andrea Constand, reports the...
Bill Cosby Is
Going to Prison
Sep 25, 2018 1:12 PM CDT
Bill Cosby Is Going to Prison
Judge sentences him to 3 to 10 years
- Bill Cosby will be going to prison at 81. The judge in the case said Tuesday that he will put Cosby behind bars for three to 10 years, per AP , for drugging and sexually assaulting a woman over a decade ago in what led to the first celebrity trial of...
'What Does an
Sep 24, 2018 4:04 PM CDT
Cosby Sentencing: 'What Does an 81-Year-Old Do in Prison?'
Prosecutors want 5 to 10 years, defense basically asks for house arrest
- Declaring Bill Cosby doesn't deserve a free pass because of his advanced age, prosecutors on Monday asked a judge to sentence the comedian to five to 10 years in prison for drugging and sexually assaulting a woman, while the defense argued that he is too old and helpless to...
What to Expect at
Sep 24, 2018 6:46 AM CDT
What to Expect at Cosby Sentencing
He could get anything from probation to 30 years
- Bill Cosby will learn his fate at a sentencing hearing this week—and he could be in prison by Tuesday night. After a two-day hearing beginning Monday in Norristown, Pa., Judge Steven O'Neill will have the option of sentencing the disgraced entertainer to anything between probation and 30 years...
Judge Rejects Cosby
Wife's Long-Shot Request
Sep 20, 2018 8:44 AM CDT
Judge Rejects Cosby Wife's Long-Shot Request
Camille Cosby wanted Judge Steven O'Neill to step down days before sentencing
- Days before sentencing, Bill Cosby's trial judge denied a defense motion to step down from the sex assault case because of what Cosby's team called a long-ago grudge with a pretrial witness, reports the AP . Montgomery County Judge Steven O'Neill has seen the case through two trials,...
'Serial Rapist' Written on
Cosby's Walk of Fame Star
Sep 5, 2018 11:25 AM CDT
'Serial Rapist' Written on Cosby's Walk of Fame Star
It's not the first time the star has been defaced
- Bill Cosby's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was found vandalized early Tuesday, the words "serial rapist" written on it with black marker. Los Angeles police are investigating, reports the
Los Angeles Times ,
which has a picture of the defaced star. Cosby, 81, received the star in...
Label Will Hurt
Aug 15, 2018 9:55 AM CDT
Cosby: 'Predator' Label Will Hurt My Reputation
Defense lawyers say it would also hurt disgraced comedian's relationship with his grandkids
- Bill Cosby isn't about to lie down and be labeled a "sexually violent predator." In a motion filed Monday, lawyers for the convicted rapist say the label recommended by Pennsylvania's Sexual Offenders Assessment Board—which comes with a lifelong requirement to register as a sex offender,...
State Board Thinks Cosby
Is Officially a 'Predator'
Jul 24, 2018 11:25 AM CDT
State Board Thinks Cosby Is Officially a 'Predator'
Panel recommends 'sexually violent predator' label, and a judge will decide
- If a state panel gets its way, Bill Cosby will be known from here on out as a "sexually violent predator." If a judge agrees, the 81-year-old entertainer would have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life, reports Philly.com . He'd also...
on 2 Fronts in
Jun 15, 2018 7:40 AM CDT
New Drama on 2 Fronts in Cosby Camp
Cosby spox shoots down rumors of Camille Cosby moving out, fires entire legal team
- Bill Cosby is now killing time as he awaits his September sentencing after being convicted of sexual assault in April, but is his wife killing time with him? Radar cites a source who claims that 74-year-old Camille Cosby has left their Pennsylvania home and moved into a home they own...
'I Forgive Him'
Jun 2, 2018 6:59 AM CDT
Bill Cosby's Main Accuser: 'I Forgive Him'
Andrea Constand says he's sick and needs help
- The woman whose accusations against Bill Cosby just resulted in him being convicted as a sex offender is happy to see justice delivered, but she's made her personal peace with the man. "I forgive him for what he did to me," Andrea Constand tells NBC's
Speaks: 'I Was a
May 31, 2018 10:55 AM CDT
Cosby Victim Speaks: 'I Was a Limp Noodle'
Andrea Constand opens up in interview with NBC
- "I was crying out inside, in my throat, in my mind, for this to stop and I couldn't do anything," says Andrea Constand, recalling the abuse she suffered at the hands of Bill Cosby in her first interview since the comedian was found guilty of three counts...
Stories 41 - 60 |
Popular on Newser
US Population on Track for 'Historic' Swerve
Trump Weighs In on Tyre Nichols Beating
They Make a Living Scamming Scammers
Priscilla Presley Fights Trust Document
It's the Most Imaginative Technical Foul of the Year
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.